Oh, hip star.
The difficult-to-define term “hip star” generally seeks to avoid mainstream culture and live on “unique” vintage memorabilia and progressive yet unconventional beliefs. Refers to people aged 35. .. For some reason (I fall into this demographic, but I’m still trying to understand the concept of “hipster” myself), everyone really wants to be labeled “hipster”. not here. Cultural phenomena color everything from fashion to housing trends.
In an interesting new survey, RealtyTrac lists the top 30 “fashion-sensitive zip codes” for profitable home flipping nationwide, based on average flipping returns along with demographic data from the US Census.
“Fad people aren’t usually just looking for a place to live. RealtyTrac SVP Daren Blomquist said:” When they find that vision, they experience it. You are willing to pay a premium to do this, which represents a benefit for home flippers operating in these areas that appeal to hipster aesthetics. The number of old homes that need major renovations. “
5 Trendy Home Flipping Hotspot Requirements
In order to be considered a “fashionable home flipping hotspot,” the market had to meet the following requirements:
- In 2014, people aged 20-34 accounted for at least 25 percent of the region’s total population.
- The region showed an increase of 20 to 34 years from 2013 to 2014.
- In 2014, more than 20% of the population walked or worked by public transport.
- By zip code, at least 10 detached homes or condominiums were reversed in 2015.
- The 2015 flip averaged a return on investment of at least 50%.
Top 30 Hip Star Markets for Profitable Flip
The following data reflects the US zip code, which not only met the above criteria, but also showed the highest percentage of the above factors.
In addition to flipping data, RealtyTrac also provided photos before and after some “Top Hipster Flip” market properties, as shown in the screenshot below. click here..
- What do you think?
- Are you trying to accommodate this demographic?
- Have you seen an increase in your twenties buying real estate if you live in any of the listed areas???
Please leave a comment below!